Ms. Vanderzanden ~ Library
Mrs. Kristie Vanderzanden
503 357 6990 x235
Visitation Catholic School
4189 NW Visitation Road
Visitation's Library Program promotes the fun and excitement of reading through the activities that tie into the books that we read. We celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday each year. We participate in the Young Readers Choice Award & Beverly Cleary Awards and have
a ‘mock’ Newbery and Caldecott Election.
Visitation's Library Program guides the student in finding books that he/she finds interesting.
Visitation's Library Program teaches the students how to choose the right resource and effectively use it to gather the information they need.
- Listen to classics as well as new favorites.
- Learn the difference between fiction and non-fiction
- Discuss how to choose a book that is a good “fit” for us.
- Learn about the Dewey Decimal classifications and how the library is arranged.
- Learn about the difference between genres.
- Participate in different read aloud activities such as Readers Theatre and storytelling.
- Learn how to use the different research resources in our library such as dictionaries, almanacs, atlases, thesauruses and encyclopedias.
- Create research plans to assist in writing research papers.
- Continue to actively use all the research resources in the library.